All the spar filler strips were gang planed down to as near flush with the ribs as possible, leaving just a hair for flat sanding. I glued on the strips with T-88 and nailers which were removed afterwards.
The spar tip fillers were block planed down to suit the merge into the tip bows then block sanded. I was now ready for the initial Clear Coat. I learned from the first wing that a thin coat needs to be applied because this stuff runs faster than Carl Lewis. The end grain of the spars needed a good stippling action with the glue brush to get plenty in there, and I went back to them to add more since the end grain soaks it up.
I intend to apply a final coat and at the same time will be syringing the stuff into holes then probing with a pipe cleaner.
Tip: While sanding / planing. With a pencil, mark the shaded area near your action where you don't want to touch - a great visual guide.