My spar material finally arrived after several weeks of waiting. $9+ dollars a board foot! It was annoying to see the snipe from the planer on both ends of the stock :0| , although not really an issue, you'd expect perfection at that price.
Fabricating the spars with the splice jig I had made was a doddle. I had made the angle cuts on all 4 spars within 40 minutes [although the jig virtually took a long day to make accurately].
Marking out wasn't too bad, taking into account that the ribs need to be at 6.5 degrees to the spars.
Soooo, I am now ready to fix the the wing jigs [cradles] to the bench, and start gluing...