My metalworking skills are still limited, so I decided to buy prefabricated wing hardware from Steen Aero lab. They weren't cheap, but I have to say they are of an extremely high quality. As an added bonus, they also arrived powder coated! Which saved me from messing with the epoxy spray gun. Mounting the idler and bell crank brackets was pretty much painless, all went well.
Now I am waiting for pushrod material from Aircraft Spruce, along with some very expensive rod-end bearings from Steen [it seems bearings for airplanes are expensive everywhere - not just Steen]. I have also ordered a slave strut kit from Steen.
Last night I also had a go at fiber-glass for the first time. The foam wing tips need to be covered to help them be dent-proof. I'll see what a mess I made tonight...